Skip to product information
1 of 1


Quarterly Filter Cleaning

Quarterly Filter Cleaning

Regular price $149.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $149.00 USD
Sale Sold out

DE filter manufacturers and pool builders require regular filter cleanings to ensure their warranties are not voided. Filter cleanings are necessary for nearly all residential swimming pools, as 98% of residential swimming pools are diatomaceous earth (DE), cartridge, or a hybrid of the two. (The remaining 1-2% are sand filters, common to commercial pools.) A swimming pool filter warranty will also usually be voided by a home warranty company without proof of regular filter cleanings! If you have home warranty coverage on your pool equipment they will usually refuse coverage on your filter repairs if you cannot demonstrate it has been well maintained with regular filter cleanings. Many swimming pool owners find out about this after it is too late. 

Filter cleanings pay for themselves!

The electricity savings alone will often cover the cost. A dirty filter that has been cleaned will often drop the average pressure on the tank by 5-10psi; since your filter pump motor is one of the biggest consumers of power in your home this savings in power will directly affect your electric bill.

With a clean and maintained pool filter you will:

  • Lower your electrical bill - this alone could pay for a swimming pool filter cleaning.

  • Get healthier pool water - 10-20lbs of dirt and gunk will no longer be in your swimming pools circulatory system. Your pool water will not longer be pumped through this gunk. Also you will be at less risk of algae outbreaks.

  • Prolong your pool filter's life - less stress on the internals means less repairs.

  • Prolong the life of your filter pump motor - less resistance from the filter means it can do its job of moving your pool water more easily.

(Note: A filter cleaning is not to be confused with a filter backwash.)

View full details